1. Where is Simlipal National Park located?
Simlipal National Park is situated in the city of Baripada in Mayurbhanj districts of Odisha state in India, with headquarter stationed at Ramnagar.
2. How do I reach Simlipal National Park?
Road — Baripada, the district headquarters of Mayurbhanj, on the junction of NH 5 and 6, is 250 km from Bhubaneswar, 200 km from Kolkata and 60 km from Balasore and 22 km from Pithabata, which is an entry point. The other entry point, Jashipur, is 94 km from Baripada on N.H. 6. Both places are well connected by regular bus services. Taxis and jeeps are available.
Rail — Nearest railheads are Baripada, Balasore, TataNagar (Jamshedpur) and Kharagpur.
Air — Nearest airports are Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Ranchi.
3. Which are the tourism zones in Simlipal National Park?
Simlipal National Park has five tourism zones for five exclusive tourism zones namely Bijrani, Jhirna, Durgadevi, Dhikala and Sitabani. The forest department has opened new tourism zone named Dhela.
4. What is the best time to visit Simlipal National Park?
Simlipal National Park remains open from 1st November to 15th June every year. Best time to visit Simlipal is from November to mid May.
5. What is closed period at Simlipal National Park?
Simlipal National Park remains closed for the period from July to October as the monsoon season approaches during these periods. It is so because the roads inside the park get washed away due to rain.
Note: Jhirna, Dhela and Sitabani tourism zones remains open all through out the year for tourists.
6. How to book ticket for safari in Simlipal National Park?
Tickets for park safari can be booked 45 days in advance. Foreign Nationals can ask for booking 90 days in advance. Please note that passport details are mandatory for making reservation of foreign tourists. You can contact us for hassle free jeep safari permits.
7. Are Mobile / Cell phones allowed during jeep safari?
Visitors are allowed to take their mobiles / cell phones on park excursions but do not play any kind of music or sound inside the park.
8. Can I visit all the five zones with one entry permit?
Permits are issued for a particular zone. The safari is permitted only the zone is booked for. The four zones shall remain out of bound for the visitors.
9. How can I reschedule my permit for the safari?
Tickets cannot be cancelled and cannot be rescheduled either online or at the entry gates. Please note that the confirmatory amount paid is not refundable.
10. How many vehicles are allowed in Simlipal National Park for day visit?
180 vehicles are permitted to enter the park per day, including the morning and afternoon drives. Bijrani Zone accommodates 60 vehicles; Jhirna Zone accommodates 60 while Dhela & Durgadevi zones accommodate 15 vehicles per day.
11. How many safaris can be done in Simlipal National Park in a day?
Visitors to Simlipal National Park can do two safaris in a day, one in the morning shift and other during the afternoon shift.
12. How many persons are allowed in one jeep safari?
Only six adults & two childrens b/w 5-12 years, excluding naturalist and registered jeep driver allowed in a vehicle during the safari on one permit.
13. Where to stay in Simlipal National Park?
Accommodation facilities are available inside the core area of the forest. Tourists can stay at designated forest lodge namely Dhikala, Jhirna, Sultan and Gairal forest rest house. Apart from these forest lodges several other luxury resorts are also available in the outskirts of Simlipal. You may send query for the advance booking.
14. How to book Elephants for rides?
If you want to enjoy elephant safari amidst the jungle of Simlipal, first of all you have to book Jeep safari. Please note that elephants are available at Bijrani and Dhikala zones. Visitors can get elephant for rides on the basis of first come – first serve basis.
15. How do I contact for the feasible tour packages in Simlipal?
Contact details are as follows :